Vivek Tankha, the ambitious Congress leader, is the son of Late Justice Raj Krishna Tankha. Born into a family of lawyers.
- District Governor (2001 -2002):- Rotary International district 3260 and recipient of the International Global Quest Award at Rotary International Convention in Barcelona, Spain (2002).
- Late Justice Raj Krishna Tankha father of Mr. Vivek K. Tankha was district governor of RI District -3260 in the year 1974-75.
- President of the Rotary Club of Jabalpur -1996-1997.
- Rotary International (R.I.) conferred the “Service Above Self” award for rendering the humanitarian and selfless service to all the avenues of Rotary International.
- Chairman – Justice Tankha Memorial Rotary Institute for Special Chidren ; in Central India there is a chain of schools run by Justice Tankha Memorial Trust dedicated for the upliftment of mentally challenged and disabled children. These schools for children with special needs have been established in the towns of Jabalpur, Bhopal Gwalior and Mandla (a tribal district in Madhya Pradesh) ; as also in Bilaspur in Chhattisgarh. Today nearly 500 children with special needs are attending these schools.
- At time of the devastating Super Cyclone in the year 2000 in the State of Orissa extended material help by mobilizing and sending 18 Railway wagon load of food grains/relief materials for the affected people with the assistance of local Rotarians and Rotary Clubs.
- On 26th January-2002 during Gujarat Earthquake facilitated the process of relief by sending, Doctors, Medicines, Food and clothes.
- Organized the first Health Mission- RAHAT-1 at Mandla in Madhya Pradesh for the Tribals in Madhya Pradesh described by India Today- 12th April-2110 edition as a “Mother of all Health Missions” organized in the Rotary World. The camp addressed medical needs of 49, 634 tribal patients and performed Approx 4600 surgeries and procedures in a period of seven days – 06th March to 13th March- 2010.
- Organized the second Health Mission- RAHAT-II at Chhindwara in Madhya Pradesh for the Tribals. This was one of the largest Health Camp organized in the Rotary World. The camp addressed the medical needs of 73,862 tribal/rural patients and performed 1496 major surgeries and approx. 4100 primary surgeries or medical procedures in a period of seven days i.e. 08th March – 15th March- 2011.
- On the initiatives of Justice Tankha Memorial Trust, four well equipped and modern blood banks have been established in four public hospitals in Madhya Pradesh namely Jabalpur, Narsinghpur, Chhindwara and Mandla to help the poor & needy patients by arranging sponsorship of ‘Five Million Rupees’ for each Rotary Blood Bank.
- Led Rotary relief team to (Uri) Kashmir in 2005 to facilitate the relief operation after the mammoth earthquake which hit both side of the Line of Control in Kashmir.
- As Chairman of the committee of Rotary Clubs of Jabalpur, helped the village of Ghana Khamaria to rebuild 66 homes in the aftermath of the earthquake that hit Jabalpur (M.P.) in 1991.
- Member of the R.I. Bangkok Convention Promotion Committee, March 2011.
- Attended and participated in the Rotary International Conventions at Singapore, Barcelona, Chicago, New Orleans.
- Nominated by the Rotary International President to represent the RI President in a district conference at Manila, Philippines (on 17th & 18th March-2012).
- Chairman -Electoral Reforms Committee of the Ministry of Law & Justice / Election Commission of India to suggest Electoral Reforms in the country.
- Chairman -Legal Expert Committee Constituted by the State of Madhya Pradesh on the World’s biggest industrial disaster in Bhopal.
- Represented the ‘Union of India’ as counsel for the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in the matter of distribution of Gas from KG D6 basin between the group companies of Reliance. One of the highest stake matters on the “natural reserves” of domestic and international trade policy importance.
- Member High Powered Committee notified by Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to negotiate the bilateral /multilateral Legal Service co-operation framework / policy and procedure with USA and UK so as to facilitate the trans-national statutory trade compliance and dispute resolution.
- Member Executive Council – National Law Institute University at Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh).
- Advised the State and the Union on the issues of reorganization of States of the Union of India in the year 2000.
- Consulted on the emerging business model of Public –Private Partnership adopted as a vehicle of development by many State departments.
- Consultant and appeared in issues relating to Energy Sector ; specially in Power Sector (Projects), Coal, Oil & Natural Gases Production, distribution and sharing arrangements and agreements.
- Engaged and advise the Premier Criminal Investigation Agency of the Country in intricate sensitive matters.
- Advising and appearing for the Telecom Sector, National Highways Authority, Natural Reserves, Environmental (Forest) etc of India on policy issues as well as for settlement of disputes and differences before the Court of law and statutory forums.